Wednesday, August 25, 2004

9 Months!!!!

Goodness its been 9 months!!! yes, 9 months since I have stepped into Israel.
The funny thing is that i thought i was here for 10 months already and my friend was arguing that it was 11 months. Only when talking to some of our other orientation mates did i realise that i was counting wrong. oh well.

Its amazing... its been a long time since I've stayed in one country for so long =P (i'm counting the frequent trips to Malaysia of course. hee) But despite living here for 9 months, i must say that i still dun know much about this country. My hebrew doesn't go beyond 10 words and i know zilch of arabic. haiz...

Ok enough rambling abt my disbelief about the length of time that i've been here.
Recently i was required to use this reel tape player... you know, one of those audio tapes in a reel and not cassettes tapes. so i was so excited that i could use it and was trying to dub something. That was when i discovered that my tape was playing at 3/3/4 ips (inches per second) but my reel tape players only had 2 speeds, 7/1/4 & 15 ips. sigh... so i couldn't do it after all. technological woes.

So i thought it would be easier to make a cassette dub. I mean how hard can it be? Pop 2 tapes into a double deck player and do a dub, yah? I was wrong.. .fast dubbing doesn't give you such a great quality and then i discovered that there are Type I, II and IV tapes. Type IV being metal tapes and Type II chromium dioxide, while Type I is for standard iron oxide tapes. Sigh and then i don't know if the original recording was recorded with or without Dolby B/C. arrrghhhh... i dun even understand all these terminology.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inbam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 AM  
Blogger sweec said...

Hey Vera, hows it going?
wow... how did u all find out abt my blog?
anyways, where are u now??? how's the kdu gang??
what have u been up to??

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines