Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Star Trek

I think there was this section in my TV and Cultural Studies unit in Uni that was talking about the whole Trekkie Culture. Some of the Trekkie groups felt that Spock and Captain Kirk were gay and if i'm not wrong they even have a slash story/s written (of course by these Trekkie groups and not the actual producers of the series) with the 2 of them in a relationship stranded on some planet etc. pretty gross. crazy unit isn't it?

Anyways, I was just mentioning to 2 of my friends here who like Star Trek that I didn't know much about it except that Spock and Kirk were gay. My friends were kindof upset of course.
But its ok that they should be upset about it, as its always been speculation, mostly on the Trekkie fans parts. Maybe its coz most people aren't able to understand the love as in friendship between 2 people and its kind of sad that everything has to be seen from the romantic pov.

Oh well.. but here's to star trek for having the first inter-racial relationship (or wassit kiss?) shown on TV. Udura was also the first African American to be given a more significant role other than as a maid or servant. Tribute to Star Trek. Maybe my 2 friends here will educate me more on star trek... its been a long time since i watched the series.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't know you had a blog!!! so when are you coming back girl?

Inbam

11:40 AM  
Blogger sweec said...

bam bam....
yeah...i decided to get a blog at the request of my friend amelia... its pretty convenient and sort of a journal for me. how are u??
long time no hear, i can't really email u so this a good way for u to see whats happening with me, eh?
take care...say hi to your family.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah... i have a blog too:

http://beauty.inbam.net or
http://www.livejournal.com/users/inbam

you can check it out when you're free.

;-)

Inbam

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines