Sunday, November 07, 2004

Weekend

I had a pretty packed weekend... so packed that i can't even remember what I did.
I was just gonna write about this fabulous dinner i was at last night, when someone walked in and thanked me. I was like, "thanks for what?"

i think i'm going senile already. I sort of forgotten that on Friday night, Ming and I had a devotional meeting. It was really nice.... we had some Writings, prayers, music and chanting for a gathering of ten people. Ming's best friend, Aida was there with her mom. Her mom is the cutest signiorita around =)
Anyways.. it was nice a cozy and we had some fried bee hoon and soup (hippotamus restaurant)....After which we rushed to watch a classical performance. A few of the staff members collaborated with some professional musicians to throw us a concert. It was really good!!! my favourite was the string quartet and the clarinet player.

After the concert, we went over to place Laoba was housesitting to watch Grosse Pointe Blank.
its pretty funny movie but ended up way too late coz i almost didn't make it for dawn prayers at the Shrine of Bahá'u'lláh. I woke up at 5.40am to catch a 5.50am sherute. But i made it thanks to my flatmate waking me up.... and after prayers it was Gardening Day.
Raking pebbles, sweeping up dead leaves and repotting little seedlings... very fun.

I'm writing all this down on my blog before i forget what i did.... so if u get bored from read... too bad. OKies... so finally to the original subject of this post. My department dinner last night!!!
It was so yummy!!!!! Chris and Susan were the hosts and boy can Susan cook and bake!
we had a traditional roast chicken supper... and the chicken was nice and juicy....
for dessert was this heavenly Apple Pie!!! it was sooooooooo good... NYDC etc can't compare to this... the crust melts in your mouth the apple filling was in this gravy and there was ice cream to top it off.... truly amazing....

So obviously i ate till i almost popped and after dinner we were just chilling and listening to music...it was most enjoyable evening... have to thank Paul coz this dinner was sort of a goodbye dinner for him....

i want more apple pie.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Shingo said...

Swee chan! I'm proud of you for going to dawn prayers and gardening day. I'm also proud of you for being able to get ready in 10 minutes...that is something we can all strive for! :)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines