Wednesday, November 10, 2004

slippery-do yay

This is too funny for me to not write to remember....

If you have eaten in one of those counter-top/bar places where the cooking is done right before your eyes, u'll know what i'm talking about. So last night, I went for a walk with a friend and we go to a little pastabar for dinner (in fact is called Pastabar). By this time, i'm feeling tired from walking up 9 terraces up the mountain to get up there. So I decided that i needed a drink. I get off the high stool to the cooler to grab a bottle of grapefruit juice. To hop back on to the seat (yes i'm kindof short and it helps to hold on to the stool when i'm trying to sit), i place my drink on the counter. The juice bottle skids beautifully across the counter top, hits the slight edge of the counter and tips over, plopping right into the container of tomato sauce.

I watch this unfolding before my eyes in disbelief...its like you know whats going to happen next but your reaction is not fast enough to stop its momentum. i was really apologetic and trying not to laugh too hard. The cook was really nice. He rinses the bottle, dries it and returns it to me. I guess the worse thing from this incident was that he did not dispose of that container of tomato sauce and he promptly dished out a ladleful to make the pasta sauce for the next customer. Yum.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines